Heffernan Law Group works with clients during all phases of public and private construction and development. Our clients include contractors, subcontractors, developers, suppliers, design professionals, private owners, and municipalities on all types of construction and property damage claims.
We have represented clients on complex construction projects including heavy road, bridge, and utility construction, marine construction and dredging, industrial and commercial projects, schools, multi-family and mixed-use projects, townhome developments, and high-rise office and luxury condominium buildings.
We regularly support our clients in a broad range of construction law matters, including:
· Construction contract preparation, review, and negotiation;
· Preparation and prosecution of claims for differing site conditions, change orders, schedule delays, and lost productivity;
· Condominium development and claims;
· Lien and surety bond claims;
· Bid protests;
· Payment and indemnity disputes;
· Design professional liability;
· Construction and product warranties; and
· Contract defaults and termination.
Our proven track record of successfully resolving complex construction claims stems from our expertise in avoiding liability risks and disputes for our clients and our extensive experience resolving claims in state and federal trial courts, appellate courts, federal agency appeals, and through alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.